We’re officially into June, which means lots of summer events, and a great time to take a break from the oven. In other words, it’s grilling season! Whether you’re turning on the grill for Father’s Day (which is just around the corner), hosting a summer birthday party or simply enjoying dinner outdoors, it’s safe to say that everyone has a special soft spot for tacos, and this recipe will be no exception.
These BBQ Cauliflower Tacos with Pineapple Salsa are a delicious, light and fresh option for summertime eating, and are perfectly easy to make. The cauliflower is grilled until tender with flavourful spices from Simply Organics, finished off in barbeque sauce to make a satisfyingly meaty vehicle for the pineapple salsa. The pineapple caramelizes as it grills to create a smoky-sweet condiment for your tacos that will have your tastebuds singing, especially once it gets mixed in with Suro Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
For the grand finale, we have cashew sour cream. If this is your first time making this special sauce, you are in for a treat. You won’t believe how easy it is to make, and we can guarantee that it will quickly become a staple in your fridge. It’s rich, tangy, and the perfect compliment for not only these tacos, but any Mexican dish.
Wrap everything up into a warm corn tortilla, topped off with a spritz of fresh lime juice, and you have yourself an irresistibly delicious summer recipe that will be the hit of the party.
Makes approximately 8 small tacos
CASHEW SOUR CREAM
1 ½ cup raw cashews
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Suro Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Heavenly Organics Honey or maple syrup
½ tsp Redmond Real Salt
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
Water to thin (approx. 1 cup)
Small corn tortillas
1) Prepare a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2) Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil and taco seasoning and place in a perforated grill pan on the grill for 10-15mins, until tender and lightly charred.
3) While the cauliflower is grilling, cook the pineapple directly on the grill for 10mins, or until tender and lightly charred, flipping once.
4) When finished cooking, toss the cauliflower in a bowl with the BBQ sauce.
5) When finished cooking, transfer the pineapple to a cutting board and chop it. Place the pineapple in a bowl and toss with remaining salsa ingredients.
6) To make the sour cream, simply place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides a few times during the process to blend everything thoroughly. Feel free to add more or less water here to reach desired consistency.
7) To assemble, fill each tortilla with a spoonful of the BBQ cauliflower and a couple avocado slices, followed by a spoon of pineapple salsa, topped with some cashew sour cream. Serve with lime wedges if desired.